Tuesday, July 04, 2006

from snooze to news

I just received my first feedback from my tutor for my journalism course. When I saw the email in my inbox I actually felt a little bit sick with nerves. I didn’t ever feel this way in school, but it’s so different when you are looking for approval for something you care about.
His comments were largely positive and helpful. Nice of him not to rip me to shreds at the outset - that must come later. It’s so funny to receive work back again with little ticks and underlined words. I looked, unsuccessfully, for a gold star. He must have run out.
This whole freelance journalism thing is harder than I first anticipated, however. It’s going to take a lot of dedication and focus and that which I have so little of, time. But I’m determined to leave 9-5 in the dust of days spent doing something I actually enjoy. When you reach the point where you are hitting snooze 5 times each morning, it’s time to make a change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home