Friday, July 21, 2006

friday, friday go away

Have you ever felt like the world has just gone silent; like you are living in a parallel world where there are people you recognize but the people you care about have just disappeared? That’s how I feel today. Even God seems so quiet. I know they’re all still there and perhaps I am the one who, in fact, has gone quiet. Today is one of those rare occasions when I left planning too late and it seems that the world just went and made plans without me. So now I’m destined to spend a Friday night alone, wallowing in my current melancholy. It’s not all that bad. Maybe I’ll embrace the rarity and catch a movie on my own. I’ll be one of those people sitting on their own who I usually look over at and feel sorry for. I’m reminded of one of my favourite John Mayer (love him!) songs ‘Love Song for No One’. Not that it’s particularly relevant but I did think of it so thought I’d give it a mention.
Anyway, I’m really just passing time. This afternoon has gone ever-so-painfully slow, but soon I’ll have to leave the security of my office and face the world that I have tried so hard to block out today. Blah, blah, wish this state of glum would just pass and allow me to get on with being cheerful. I guess I can find some solace in the reassurance that tomorrow will, inevitably, be Saturday. And so the world keeps turning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home