Friday, July 28, 2006

different kind of detox

I’ve had quite an encouraging day and its only 12:00pm. The last few weeks have been largely unpleasant barr for a few highlights (Ian treating me to a wonderful, luxury dinner last Saturday was right up there). In retrospect, that was only because that’s how I chose to see it. I know it’s all about perspective and I have so much to be content about and grateful for (thank you ‘Encouragement for the Day’ in my inbox).
I started my day ludicrously early (6:30am is really early for me!) to attend a Hillsong Women’s breakfast. Being a bit skeptical that any breakfast event would be worth getting up with the sparrows, I was pleased that I’d made the effort and walked away feeling equipped to face the day ahead.
Later in the morning, a colleague emailed me about someone else on our team who had ‘pushed their button’ and they clearly just needed to vent. Feeling positive I chose not to partake but instead to steer the conversation elsewhere. He ended up telling me something really beautiful that his grandmother used to say to him. When he was down she would encourage him by saying,
‘Only good-hearted people cry when something is wrong because nothing is more pure than water.’
You see, I’ve been feeling so temperamental lately, resorting to tears at the drop of a hat and I hate that. I feel like I’m portraying myself as this fragile being with insufficient strength of character and I know that’s simply not the truth. Truth is, we’re all delicate, ready to be broken at any given moment. The only reassurance that you have, and you’re part of a blessed few if you do, is that God is stronger than anything you’re facing. And when you really grasp that, you see that it’s okay to cry because you’re just detoxing your soul.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this post is your best ever. I love you foxy roxy.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home