Wednesday, June 21, 2006

when god does the flat hunting

I am so stressed out right now. I move into my dream home in a week and I haven’t started packing (don’t even have boxes!) or found someone to take my bedroom yet. There are few things in this world that stress me out more than moving. You’d think after doing it as many times as I have that I’d be a pro, but despite my experience, I’m still a ball of nerves until that last box has been shifted and my bed is made up in my new room. I feel bad for those who may encounter my uneasiness over the next few days as it can easily turn from nerves to wrath at the drop of a hat.
Anyway, all that aside, it is truly a miracle how all of this came to pass. There is a grand apartment complex in Putney that I pass everyday and on a number of occasions I have declared to Ian that I will live there one day. Much to his amusement, he humours me and we contemplate how much I may need to earn in order to afford such a luxury.
Long story made short, Ian received an email from a friend last week saying his girlfriend was looking for a flatmate. He forwarded that email to me. She happened to live in this particular apartment complex. I responded, she turned out to be one of the nicest people I’ve ever met and consequently I am moving into this beautiful flat in less than a week. I’ve watched as the hand of God was in this whole process and how it would NEVER have come to pass had it not been his plan all along and once again I’m left considering how faithful he is to his promises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home