Monday, June 05, 2006

sleep deprivation dizzying up this girl

After taking the day off sick on Friday (nasty camping gave me the lurgy!) you’d assume commonsense would have told me to stay in bed and rest for the remainder of the weekend. Alas, it seems that my reasoning chooses not to kick-in at the most inopportune of times and I find myself questioning my actions after it is, simply, too late.
So, congested and chesty, I insisted that Ian and I watch the Da Vinci Code on Friday night. Having both finished the book the evening before, we left feeling somewhat indifferent about a movie that was never going to do the book any justice, considering the book itself was nothing to write home about anyway.
Saturday saw Chelsea and I hitting Oxford Street amongst the rest of the sweating masses who were trying to avoid the summer sun. I purchased the cutest pair of bargain red heels, which I was later to learn were the most sadistic of shoes and would squeeze all feeling out of my big toes. A few of us enjoyed a relaxing picnic in Parsons Green on Saturday evening and then traipsed the south-west, unsuccessfully, in search of a cinema screening the X-Men (I gave in to peer pressure).
Up at the crack of dawn on Sunday (really need to invest in darker curtains) and off to church and then another afternoon picnic in a park nearby. The pinnacle of a social weekend was the much anticipated Goo Goo Dolls concert which was awesome. Pleasing the audience with a balanced mix of old and new songs, ever the crowd-pleasers, the band truly took over the stage. I left feeling sentimental but soon forgot as exhaustion weighed down on my body which felt like it was ready to fail me at any given moment. So another week begins and I’m not sure that the next few weeks will provide much relief from a far too hectic schedule. Deep down I’m sure I love it, but right now my bed is far more attractive. ZZZZzzzzz……

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home