Thursday, June 15, 2006

just floating

I hate waiting. No matter how hard I try to become patient there always comes a time when I just wish I could hit the fast-forward button. I’m in a season of my life where I feel like I’m waiting around. Don’t get me wrong; I’m incredibly happy and content with my life and the countless blessing that surround me. I think I just need a change of some sort. There seems to be a common aversion to change - people would rather stay in their comfort zone than cause a ripple in their peaceful pond, whereas I find myself constantly wanting to splash about. I sometimes wish I could just be one of those people who finds a routine that works and sticks with it, but the problem is that I get bored so darn easily. With this sort of mentality it is very difficult to focus on mandatory tasks that eventually become mundane and subsequently I’m faced with the fear that I may never be satisfied. There are times when I sit at my desk and consider the option of pulling my hair out one strand at a time to solicit some relief from the sheer boredom that I so often face.
The only thing I never seem to tire of is the people close to me. What would I do if I wasn’t sharing my life with some of the most interesting, loving, brilliant and exciting people? For me, that’s what it’s about and as long as I know I don’t have to do it alone, I think I can make it through the ordinary times until something comes along to stir things up again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"interesting, loving, brilliant and exciting people"...... you can stay
;-)

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home