Wednesday, June 28, 2006

good in the hood

Sorry to keep you, my devoted bloggees (sounds like bogies, maybe I wont call you that again), hanging but this move and everything else that has been going on had me bordering on a nervous breakdown. Virtually recovered, my disposition is now one of sheer relief.
The weekend was spent squashing my belongings into not-quite-big-enough boxes and by Sunday afternoon I still hadn’t found anyone to take over my room. Near to breaking point, I’m sure you can appreciate that my nerves were shot, considering I was vacating on Monday; although, knowing this whole experience was primarily to teach me to trust in God. On Sunday, after church, a girl came to view the room and even with tensions and dirty dishes in the house, she loved it and had signed the lease by Monday afternoon. Despite everything working out, being locked away in my room, surrounded by boxes, left me feeling somewhat lonely and by the end of the weekend I was so ready to get out of there and leave Rodway Rd behind me.
With Nicci’s help on Monday evening (my amazing new flatmate) we managed to move me and all my stuff in half an hour flat. Once we’d drunk our tea and recovered from heaving boxes larger than ourselves, Ian arrived with a bottle of red and we spent the evening munching pizza and enjoying each others company in my new abode. You know that that you have a devoted boyfriend when he is willing to switch the football off from your new wide-screen TV to spend quality time together.
I took yesterday off to organise my life and find my bedroom floor below boxes and bags and this morning breezed to work by foot in 25 minutes. So, it all worked out and I’m rather chuffed with life. My stress induced break-out seems to have waned and I am able to get through the day without resorting to tears, so ‘all’s good in the hood’. Sorry, not the hood at all. I don’t think my new neighbours would appreciate that very much.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for you :)

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home