Tuesday, June 13, 2006

frenzied weekend

It’s Tuesday and I’m still recovering from the weekend’s trip to Edinburgh for one of the largest Christian music events in the UK, Frenzy. Headlining acts included Tim Hughes, Starfield, Tree63, Hillsong United, David Crowder Band and Delirious. Any music-savvy Christian will tell you a line up like that is a rare treat and worth the trip to another country (I say that like we crossed the world but really it’s a mere 1hr flight). The day was so full of great acts that it was almost too much to take in all at once. Actually, the complication of taking it all in was due more to the fact that I am 10 inches shorter than the average and hence spent most of the day straining to see, even part of, the stage. Bearing in mind that I’m a ‘bouncer’, after 10 hrs of extreme temperatures inside the converted aircraft hangar, I was ready to leave with my souvenoir CD, t-shirt and appreciation for exceptional music.
As it was my third visit to Edinburgh (I just love it so much!) I somehow got labeled as tour guide/planner (thank you, Ian, you will receive the bill shortly) and spent most of my time opposing my title while instructing on which bus to catch and the attractions that were worth a visit. After such a jam-packed trip, including a mission from Heathrow thanks to engineering works on the tube lines, I felt an unusual sense of relief to be back in London and the heaviness that usually weighs down as I return to the Capital seemed lighter. A wonderful weekend away, with great people and a reassuring sense that maybe, just maybe, I’m actually accepting that (for now) I’m home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home