Friday, June 23, 2006

emotions in motion

As moving-day looms and I muse over the fact that I haven’t so much as considered how many boxes I will need, I’m rather excited by the opportunity of a massive clean-out that this proposes. I can’t believe the amount of stuff that I have gathered over the last 16 months. My wallet, however, may tell a different story. Having arrived at Heathrow with nothing more than a large suitcase-on-wheels and a backpack, I seem to have doubled my clothing (I have to shove my shoes back and hurriedly slide my wardrobe closed or they all come tumbling out again), acquired a bookshelf, 3 duvets + 5 pillows (and linen), countless books and other debris that now has numbered days.
I’m looking forward to a weekend of solitude whereby I can sift through possessions and reflect over memories from the last year or so; many fond , others that rightfully belong in the bin bag for which they are destined. There is a small, sentimental part of me that will find it hard to finally close the door to the Top Flat next week. There are many defining moments held within those walls and plenty a late night spent conversing on the World’s Most Uncomfortable Couch which is housed in the ‘communal area’ (lounge/kitchen/anything that isn’t a bedroom or bathroom). But the things I would have missed the most, I take with me. And the excitement of a new season, with so much anticipation for things to come, is enough to steer my focus from what is behind - both good and bad.
I may be moving into my ‘dream home’ on Monday. But the real dream is how I feel inside today. Utterly content, truly loved and blessed beyond my imagination.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are posting too much! i cant keep up! i have to visit more than once a week now. love.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home