Thursday, May 04, 2006

sun finds london

Summer is back in London with a vengeance and any open space is now occupied by pasty-white bodies desperately looking to absorb some sun during the 1 week of summer before winter returns.
Alright, in all fairness, English summers are beautiful and London just comes alive. People come out of hibernation and there seem to be kids everywhere (where do they hide during the long winter months?). The days stretch on and the sun rises so early you’ve hardly noticed it set.
Today I had my first lunch break in the park, lounged on my sarong, adorning my sunnies and ensuring no exposed flesh was covered by shadows, lest I miss one drop of sun to my skin. I returned to my desk with a healthy pink radiance…okay, perhaps it was closer to red and I was hot and sweaty, but I was glowing!
While in my boss's office, a ladybird escaped his shirt pocket – evidence that he too had been sun bathing and proving that no one can resist a little dose of that Vitamin D. When he began to recite, ‘Ladybird, ladybird, flyaway home…’ I became too overwhelmed with all this happiness and rushed back to my desk for a measure of reality. But even SAP couldn’t rain on today’s parade. And once again, I’m in love with London Town. Ask me today and I’ll tell you I wouldn’t want to be anywhere but here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too, Me too

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home