Thursday, May 04, 2006

staying fresh with organic diet

I’ve gone organic. After my eye-rolling and knocking of all those whom I deemed pretentious enough to spend double on half-portions of everything, I have revolutionised my diet. I’ve decided I want to live a long, healthy life and die a very old lady, having fulfilled all my potential and not having reduced my lifespan thanks to irresponsible choices and lack of self-control. So, I’ve said goodbye to my chocolate habit (note: not chocolate in general, that’s sheer madness, just large-scale consumption) and am opting not to eat any foods with ingredients ending in –ium, -ate, -ide, –phate etc. Thanks to Jordan Rubin and his Great Physicians Rx for Health and Wellness, who spoke at this year’s Colour Conference, I’ve become somewhat of a health-nut and I’m loving it. Where grocery shopping may have taken me an hour in the past, it can now easily take up to double that as I enjoy the novelty of sourcing organic alternatives to almost everything I consume.
I’ll let you know how it all goes. I’m still on Chapter 1 but, having skimmed, it seems I can look forward to a chapter on advanced hygiene which recommends organic bedding and air purifiers. Perhaps a little too far on the ‘extremist’ side of normal for me, but it does make me wonder what is in my duvet cover if someone saw a need to make them organic? Jolly book, making me neurotic!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home