Thursday, May 11, 2006

make my bed and lie in it

After Friday’s declaration that nothing would move me from the comfort of my home, one phone call from Ian and I was dressed and out the door in 10 min. From that point on I have been stretched in every direction with barely enough time to sleep (or eat a decent meal {or blog}) and at this point in the week I scarcely have enough brainpower to decide what to have for breakfast, let alone function on a semi-intellectual level of any kind. I’m surprised I can still string a sentence together in some sort of decipherable fashion.
However, despite near exhaustion, I’ve had a productive week and energy lost from lack of nutrition has been gained from the sun which is now showing up more often than not.
My days have been a mix of quality time with friends and family and just when you think you have nothing more to offer, someone looks to that part of you that can continue giving despite deprivation of the physical – your heart. This being easier said than done when your bed proffers a taunting comfort that your body so desperately craves, but life is full of seasons and I’m sure the next one will be less chaotic. Until then, I make my bed in the hope that sooner or later I will be able to lie in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home