Thursday, May 25, 2006

icy manner melted by romantic indian

It was Ian and my 6 months (he deserves a medal) on Saturday and in celebration we set out determined to find someplace new to dine in the West End. What possessed me to sport my killer heels, I’m not sure (perhaps the novelty of looking people in the eye when I’m standing) but halfway through Soho I was ready to brave the filthy streets of London barefoot. Deciding against such madness, a few agonizing blocks later we stumbled (me literally) upon a trendy Indian restaurant called Imli. Its orange walls and minimalist décor provided the chilled out atmosphere that we had sought and friendly staff made the whole experience entirely pleasurable. The attraction of this eatery’s menu is that it is designed to share, so you get to sample a number of different dishes which was perfectly suited to the occasion. After our wonderful meal we strolled (okay, I hobbled) to Leicester Square where we stopped at Rendezvous and enjoyed ice-creams and witnessed a punch-up (no night out in London is complete without one) out the front in the temperate spring evening.
I sat there thinking that there is so much I love about this city. Despite me feeling tired and a bit mizzy earlier on in the evening, thanks to remarkable company, it had turned out so great. I never want to start taking the incredible people in my life for granted. There are certain times when you’re reminded how faithful God is and Saturday evening was an evident reminder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home