Tuesday, May 16, 2006

cracking under pressure of the code

I have started reading The Da Vinci Code. Yes, I cracked. Not the code itself (I don’t read that quickly!), but my firm stance on opposing the masses and refusing to read a book merely because it caused a bit of hype. After avoiding a controversial office conversation regarding religion yesterday, provoked by the pending release of The Da Vinci Code movie, I decided that I could not get into a heated discussion if my viewpoint was largely ignorant, based solely on hearsay.
After everything I’ve heard, this book had to be entirely captivating to meet my expectations. Having read about 100 pages, I have to admit that I haven’t found a book in a significant while that so easily drowns out the constant London buzz. My journey to work this morning flew by in a haze of intrigue as I clung to each page waiting for the next thrill to be revealed.
It’s no mystery why this book is a bestseller.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home