Friday, May 12, 2006

all that office jazz

As suspected, last night's theatre experience, which involved Ian and I enjoying all the ‘Razzle Dazzle’ that Chicago, The Musical has to offer, has left me yearning to give up my lifestyle as I know it and pursue a career on the West End. Only problem is that this feeling will last, as always, about as long as the ticket stub will remain in my handbag and then I’ll come back to reality and realise that I’m too established to go back to waiting tables. My desire to star as Roxie Hart is, instead, channeled into singing songs from musicals to my colleagues who have spent most of the day wanting to know why I am sitting at a computer, in a fabric design company, tolerating SAP as opposed to following my dream of becoming an actress.
I have questioned my choices many times and sometimes still do, but the reality is that if I wanted it that badly I would have put it all on the line and just taken the chance. Instead, life has unfolded differently as I chose to follow my heart rather than a dream that may have brought fame (that’s why it’s a dream!) but perhaps not the happiness I feel now.
One colleague has, however, offered me my first appearance. She has requested I be present at the birth of her first child, in about 6 months, to sit beside her and sing ‘Hakuna Matata’. Not exactly the sort of thing that inspired me to push through acting college, but entertaining none-the-less.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm darlink! I think you should go to the school of acting, but it seems you are going to the school of journalism. hmmm. there is so much for to catch up on. email me asap please. i want a big fat long one.

4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home