Friday, May 12, 2006

airing my laundry

I'm going to admit to something now to which I wouldn't usually own up....

This is harder than I thought....

I went shopping in Primark...okay?!?!

There, I said it.

Now don't you go thinking I'm a snob or anything, it’s just that when it comes to fashion I prefer to be offered quality over quantity. Walking into Primark at midday is like walking into an area that has just been hit by a tornado. You are immediately confronted by the overwhelming smell of cheap shoes and people are like scavengers digging through piles of bargain items, leaving clothes, accessories and other offerings scattered freely.
With payday a fair way off, I’m not in a position where I can really be turning my nose up at a bargain and with this in mind, I looked over both shoulders and darted into Primark during my lunch break.
You see, I’m already tiring of my last-season, summer wardrobe and when faced with ten items priced at what one would usually cost, I totally forgot why I went in there in the first place and found myself weighed down, after 10 minutes, with an armful of purchases and a big grin on my face.
After venting my concerns, to the cashier, that perhaps Primark is just too cheap and is secretly conspiring against the average shop-a-holic who simply can’t pass up a good deal, I walked out baring my Primark bag for all to see.
Why am I so chuffed? Because I got a bag full of shopping for what I would have spent on dinner tonight, which I’m not doing because I’m staying in, so I didn’t actually spend anything!
That’s experienced shopper’s logic. Read it and learn.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you want to know something cool?
I dont know what Primark is, so even though you seem to be embarressed or something, you actually dont have to be that way around me because i have no idea what you are talking about.
cool. totally cool.

4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home