Friday, April 21, 2006

zilch motivation (even to think of a good title)

I am totally disinterested in the task at hand today. Since 9am this morning I have consumed copious amounts of chocolate in order to distract myself from the boredom of adjusting delivery notes in SAP. I’m uncertain if credit for my lack of concentration is owed to fine-tuned procrastination or too many distractions in the form of round-robin emails among my friends planning out-of-work activities to ensure all the monotony is worthwhile. Either way, a combination of both does not promote efficiency in the workplace and by Friday afternoon I’ve dismissed the idea of focus and instead I’ve been sitting here for the last hour daydreaming of my bed and wondering when I am going to find time to sleep this weekend.
I haven’t said much about the weather lately. Either I’ve become acclimatized (I no longer care) or it hasn’t been too bad. I’m opting for the latter to prove I still have some of that positive holiday spirit lingering about.
If only everyone else had the same laidback approach as me but, sadly, colleagues continue to demand answers to questions I really cannot be enthusiastic about answering.
Gripe, gripe, gripe and it only took 4 days. Ah, it’s good to be alive. That isn’t sarcastic. Honestly. My viewpoint may imply a sardonic attitude at times, but I’m well aware of how totally blessed I am. So many reasons to be happy…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home