Thursday, April 06, 2006

just google it

My work colleagues have expressed concern as to the number of times I have said ‘Just Google it’ in the last week. It is true; I have caught myself saying it ever more habitually these days. I fear, for many years, I may have lived a life of misinformed ignorance, relying mostly on word of mouth.

Some things I have Googled this week:
Omri Katz -
what ever happened to him after his starring role in Hocus Pocus?
How to repeat copy-paste into the free text of a sales order in SAP -
search provided no satisfactory results, as originally expected
Various European languages - I work in a multi-cultural environment surrounded by foreigners who throw unfamiliar comments at leisure
London cinemas - is it too much to ask to show films at the reasonable hour of 19:30?
UK TV-guide shock, horror, nothing worth watching


I can remember the days when I would scan the myriads of encyclopedias in my grandfather's study while trying to source information for, yet another, tedious school project. Do kids even know what an encyclopedia is these days?
I’m almost sure there’s nothing that Google can’t answer. Perhaps not always the answer you’re looking for, but such is life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home