Thursday, April 20, 2006

dispelling 'little bean nipple' theory

Having long since shied away from milk and dairy products (not chocolate, never chocolate) owing to its many disadvantages, I have become rather accustomed to the nutty taste of soy-milk. I’m aware that it is not to everyone’s taste, but girls seem more open to the idea than the guys who tend to shudder at the thought of consuming anything liquid that come from a bean. I was highly amused this weekend by Rory’s suggestion that soy milk comes from little ‘bean nipples’ which got me to thinking that I had no idea how it is actually made. One should probably do this sort of research before one starts to include exotic foodstuffs in one’s diet, but seriously, who has time to be that thorough. Better late than never, I discovered that it’s a relatively simple process of soaking and grinding soy-beans and can even be done at home. If nothing else, it’s a lot less complicated than keeping a cow in your backyard!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home