Wednesday, April 26, 2006

bleach craze staining high st victims

Entering my flat after a long day is usually a positive experience. I can shut the door and leave London outside to continue stressing the masses who are still roaming its streets and occupying offices throughout the city.
Yesterday, however, I was greeted by my flat-mate, Liesel, who immediately questioned a stain down my back. On observation in our lounge mirror, I noted severe bleach stains on the back of my NEW French-design, tailored, olive-green, GAP jacket. Totally unaware of the latest bleach-filled spray gun craze amusing delinquent neighbourhood youths (I would mention what the last one was but I don’t want that sort of filth on my blog!), confusion ensued as I tried to figure out where I would have encountered enough bleach to cause such a mess. Word on the street (or in this case, among ladies chatting on the bus overheard by the aforementioned flattie) is that youngsters are filling water pistols with bleach and spraying unsuspecting pedestrians. Totally un-amused, a 5 minute ‘I-hate-London-and-its-bleach-spraying-bastards’ freak out followed as I vented frustration borne of a hard days work and London showing no signs of mercy. This, shortly after my encounter with 3 teeny-bopper brats in the park one Friday after work who tried to happy-slap me (one person hits a passer-by while another films it on their mobile), was enough to make me want to pack my bags and jet off to some exotic destination. Preferably someplace overrun with pensioners who are content with minimal entertainment and aren’t searching for their next thrill at an innocent stranger’s expense.
Instead, I soothed my soul by cooking a no-fuss dinner, sharing it with my man and spending the rest of the evening unwinding in his company. He reckons my jacket looks funky with its new pink-on-green splash design and I should just wear it anyway. Either way, it didn’t matter anymore. Tomorrow I would walk the streets with my head held high, minus my lovely jacket (and probably a bit cold), but right then I was happy to forget what was on the other side of the door and simply indulge the moment.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats just nasty ! There are some odd people out there...
Ps - thanks for ur msg :) Take care !
Hugs,
B

2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home