Monday, March 27, 2006

just taking a break

I haven't posted anything particularly heartfelt in a while. Perhaps I have lost sight of priorities in the dust left behind by the speed at which life seems to move these days. This weekend was quite balanced (1:1 - activities vs rest) but I just can't get my weeks to look the same. Try as I may, respite simply isn't an option when pulled in so many different directions. This is not me complaining; I'm simply justifying my lack of communication or contact (or blogging) with those who are feeling neglected (incidentally, this includes myself!).
Were we really created to be so many things to so many people? And if so, why are there only 24 hrs in a day? I lose track of how many times I intend to slow down and only dish medium sized portions onto my plate. From early days, however, my eyes have always been bigger than my stomach and now it is not just a physical shortcoming but a cause for attention in tweaking specific life skills.
I wish I was better at staying organised. Every January I buy a functional day-by-day diary with the intention of noting everything into it, never double booking myself and prioritising accordingly. But by February I've lost it in the pile of bank statements and other paperwork which needs to be filed and I find myself in the same overwhelming situation. Time simply shows no mercy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home