Thursday, March 16, 2006

eating our way around london #1

Since we have decided to sample a new restaurant each week as a regular Friday night ritual, I felt it necessary to review the little Italian joint we dined at last week. I’d like it to be known that I sourced last week’s venue, only to be ching-chong-cha’d into finding another one next week. Guys will do what it takes to avoid being made to organize anything. I really need to learn how to stand up for myself.
Italian Grafitti has a really welcoming vibe…if you can find the entrance. I don’t think the owners of the private apartment we almost stumbled into would have been particularly happy to serve us the pizza we were craving. I was sold at the first mention of roaring fireplaces, but found my expectations to go unmet as we were seated at equal distance from either hearth. But I was in good company and the friendly waiters made up for the average bottle of house-red we had ordered.
The food was nothing to write home about, but tasty and enjoyable as if it had been prepared by a friend’s Italian mum. The biggest challenge was getting our toppings to stay on our pizza as they slid off each thin-based, cheesy slice.
A pleasant all-round dining experience, suitable for our ‘gang’ and definitely worth a visit, even if just to mingle with the diverse and trendy Soho locals.

Closest tube: Oxford Cirus / Picadilly Circus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home