Tuesday, February 21, 2006

a years worth of content

I’ve been back in London exactly one year now. My natural instinct is to say that I can’t believe how things have turned out but, to be honest, had you told me to really imagine what life would be like a year on, I’d probably have come up with a similar scenario, minus a few details and obvious hiccups along the way. The truth is, one year ago, life could only really look up. There and then, I resolved to make positive choices and defy instincts to retreat but rather to endure through tough times.
I could say that it hasn’t been easy, but actually, the only really difficult thing was learning to be patient when everything was going pear-shaped and all seemed hopeless. In hindsight, I’m rather pleased with current circumstances and how life has progressed. While waiting half an hour in the freezing cold for a bus that arrives 'bursting at the seams' may still rouse mild irritation, when it comes to the big stuff, I just keep reminding myself to give it up to the man who has ultimate control and trust that “everything’s gonna be alright”.
Like most people who occasionally take the time to reflect, I’m excited and daunted by the possibilities held in the year ahead. Who will I encounter? Where will I go? What will I learn?
All uncertainties aside, one thing is for sure: I’ll have plenty of news and if I’m quiet it’s only because things are temporarily out-of-control. So, watch this space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home