Wednesday, January 04, 2006

lunchbreak rundown of festivities

Rather than blog about the New Year and fall into the trap of being hopelessly cliché I’m avoiding any mention of resolutions, reflections and infinite possibilities (those references don’t count!).
My 10 day festive break was tremendously relaxing and a caffeine surplus has proved simply insufficient to nudge me back into work mode this week.
Spending time with Desi, who is visiting from Oz, has been a reality check. Astounding when you realise that your little sister is catching up to you and soon a mere 6 year age gap will be meaningless.
Christmas day was spent at Mom’s and was reminiscent of an episode of Fawlty Towers: turkey stuck in the freezer, questionable gifts from distant family members and a fitting squabble or two to keep things exciting.
Our dissatisfying New Year celebration was revived by an amusing bumper-to-bumper joyride around London in the early hours of Sunday morning. Ian and Bronwyn kept up the banter up front while Desi and I sat in the backseat absorbing the atmosphere and festivities. A predictable visit to a dodgy kebab shop at 3am and my first London New Year was summarised appropriately.
I’m all amped about our trip to Rome this weekend. My 2006 travels will be off to a flying start (please refrain from rolling your eyes) and I get to share it with some of my favourite people in the world! I’m excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home