Thursday, December 08, 2005

my present situation

I’ve had a relatively quiet day at work which makes a change from the last few weeks. I thought I’d take advantage and vent my concerns at my relaxed attitude towards my Christmas shopping this year. The problem with this arises when you have family all over the world who will be eagerly awaiting the arrival of your gifts. I am tormented by the vision of my youngest sister fumbling beneath the Christmas tree in search of her present from big sister, Roxy. But it never actually arrived and so a glum look of disappointment creases her face as realisation sets in.
Oh no!! I’m a terrible sister…a terrible person!!
I could always resort to the ‘holier than thy’ approach and remind them all of the true significance of Christmas OR there is always the ‘order online’ option which promises 3-day delivery. Is that a cop-out??
I’m aware that there is no quick-fix for failure to accurately prioritise so this year I’ll have to take it on the chin and accept responsibility for biting off more than I can chew. This festive season it’s not just food in which I’m hoping not to overindulge, but life also.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wha do you want as a pressie???
can you email me an address i can send something to???

7:53 PM  
Blogger foxy_roxtar said...

you know what i'm going to say...no presents necessary! you could come and visit. that's be pretty cool! :-)

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home