Tuesday, December 20, 2005

loving the season

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE CHRISTMAS. This year is even more exciting because Christmas cards with snow are actually appropriate. When you come from Africa, or any other Southern hemisphere country, a white Christmas is a foreign concept. For as many years as I can remember I have spent Christmas day standing around a braai (barbeque) or on a boat, all the while dreaming of Christmas night in front of the fire, carolers dressed up snug in coats and snowflakes on my gloves.
The atmosphere in London around this time is so festive and for a couple of weeks everyone musters up enough effort to smile. Despite the frost, people are genuinely warm.
I’m SO blessed to be surrounded by friends and family this year which is a rare treat when you have loved ones spotted on so many parts of the globe.
I’m still in a relatively stagnant place regarding my present shopping. Perhaps my downfall is too much thought and not enough action.
Anyway, I’m just waffling because all I really wanted to say was HAPPY CHRISTMAS! And save the chocolates for me :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home