Friday, December 09, 2005

life's a laugh

It’s that time of the year when you automatically start to reminisce about the past months and reflect on all that has taken place and developed. This year has been a defining one; a period of time that has changed me in every sense and strengthened my character by means of the most unforeseen situations.
Although it has seemed I have lived from one test to the next I can’t disregard all the blessings in between, especially rewards of the lessons learned therein.
My only disappointment is that many of those I hold so dear were not here to share in it with me. There are many times when words fail miserably at trying to communicate sentiments.
I sit here now feeling older, happier, secure, determined and more complicated. Regardless of it all, I think I’ve found that the best approach to life is to laugh things off and take myself less seriously. And when you change your outlook, compatible people jump on board because they’re traveling in the same direction. Any journey is better with good company. I’m so incredibly grateful for remarkable friends, my boyfriend that so often brings joy to a dull day and an encouraging family who are loyal even when I’m so distant.
Therefore, as much as I enjoy this sentimental, philosophical attitude to life, I enjoy feeling carefree a lot more. Thank you to those ‘readers’ who have endured the last few months with me and in appreciation of your efforts I propose a more cheery blog in the year ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home