Friday, December 02, 2005

casual friday yakking

Once again I sit at my desk on a Friday afternoon, feeling too drained to persevere. After receiving a text from Ian informing me that he was standing under the Eiffel Tower the prospect of work seemed aptly tainted. Naturally, I would much rather be with him in Paris than battling the aggravations of SAP (don’t let me get started…)!
A colleague just walked out of the office and mumbled, ‘Don’t let the evil b*tches get to you.’ His suggestion was that some of the girls in the office have been talking behind my back and found it aggravatingly enjoyable that I was left confused so he said that he would explain next week...and left. Amazing how you can stay as neutral as humanly possible and girls will still find something to gossip about…bygones (it was going to rub off at some point, Fox)!
The thought of my bed is a particularly enticing one right now, but will have to wait until after I have painted London Town red this evening. I refuse to admit that I’m maturing to a point where a night in has more appeal than one where I’m amongst the buzz of nightlife that this city has to offer.
On reflection, I’ve had a really good week thanks to great company and a change in attitude (how many times do I have to learn this same lesson?). I love looking back and acknowledging constructive use of every minute over the week.
I feel the need to comment on my lack of communication with friends and family around the globe. I’d suggest my intention to improve contact but I’d rather not make any promises I can’t keep. I will, however, endeavour to reply to any emails sent my way. There we go…guilt reduced.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey rox. dont despair about wanting to spend nights in. i know where you are coming from.
However, i am just discovering the values of going out. Friday nights on the couch seem to be less appealing to me now. Shame you live in London. we could go dancing tonight.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home