Monday, November 28, 2005

who would have thought?

After too many months of pessimistic contemplation, I’m posting an entry that portrays my present enthusiasm for life, appropriately.
I woke up this morning with a very strange feeling. Not only was I blissfully happy, but I had this comforting sense of knowing that life is just right for now. I didn’t panic when realisation hit that I had pushed snooze one too many times; instead of pulling faces at myself in the mirror, I tied my hair back and pretended that I didn’t look like Medusa on a bad hair day; I giggled along with the man at the bus stop who couldn’t get past me as we unsuccessfully attempted to get out of each others way; when my colleagues asked me how my weekend was I told them it was great…and I meant it.
When God blesses you, he does it properly. It’s taken me so long to write about this, not only due to the sensitive nature of circumstances, but also because it’s difficult to make sense of your thoughts when they are being flung around inside a whirlwind. For someone who was a contented singleton, the last few months have brought more tests in affairs of the heart than I ever envisioned. Sometimes things are too valuable to share openly, but in a nutshell, when you are unable to avoid someone in a city of 7,421,209 people, you have to ask yourself what God is trying to tell you.
Okay, enough beating around the bush! There is a wonderful man who came into my life and took me by surprise, displaced many notions of naivety and who has challenged me to accept that sometimes the most obvious thing is right. And this time it so is.
And I’ve learned that perhaps I can be appropriately elusive at times too. Who would have thought?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home