Friday, November 18, 2005

turn the page

I’m astounded by how quickly life can turn. A significant attitude change and choosing to accept that life may deal a decent hand for once and I find myself to be appropriately cheerful. As a realist, I’ve always accepted that existence is trying and subsequently have developed a mentality that doesn’t allow me to give up, even in the face of supreme adversity. I understand now that something can be staring you in the face and instead of accepting it, you are held back by your convictions, however distorted they may be. As you age, you realize that your belief systems are not necessarily ultimate truth and life experience and new-found wisdom tends to override what you may once have believed.
Once again, I’m ready to turn the page. My story is so erratic, a twist to every chapter – some drawn out and others that come to an abrupt end, dictating undeniable finality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home