Wednesday, October 05, 2005

winter is served

Following on from Briggs' train of thought on winter and the tendency to stay cooped indoors, I would like to add that, not only does your body want to go into hibernation, you also eat as if you are. It isn't nearly cold enough to be classed as winter and for the last week I have eaten enough to save a small country from malnutrition!
I could accept this, had my cravings been for healthy, nutritious, organic fruit and veg, but instead I have been shovelling in copious amounts of chocolate, biscuits and anything else that looks like it may contain, even mere, traces of sugar.
Gone are the days when my friends Ben & Jerry would satisfy my need to indulge - they have been replaced by Nestle, Mcvities and the Muffin Man and friends. Walking into Starbucks is becoming a true test of will power, as I find myself being taunted by the tasty treats calling out from inside the cool, glass case that houses all my favourite 'cakey' delights.
It is true what they say about natural body structure and how your weight will equalise and stay relatively balanced for most of your adult life. Last week I lost 3 kg's due to stress. This week.....perhaps I just wont look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home