Monday, October 03, 2005

st theresa's prayer

I know this is from a cheesy forwarded email, but there is a calming reassurance if you really absorb what is said...

May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God. Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of you.

Everyday I make sure that I find one thing to smile about. Today it was a lady riding her bicycle down a main st, no helmet, dressed in her work attire (high heels and all!), one hand on the handle bars and the other clutching her mobile to her ear - all this while avoiding big red London buses. Despite the fact that the cold was freezing my nose off of my face, something in that moment warmed my heart. This city isn't so bad, even when your heart is elsewhere most of the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home