Tuesday, October 04, 2005

melancholy - the power of thought

After a few days of feeling pretty low, I find myself learning more about the choices we make regarding emotions. Not only is the mind incredibly powerful, but the contemplation of your heart is highly influencial in determining your outlook. I have managed to think myself 'down into the dumps' and I'm well aware that a mere decision not to feel that way would transform my attitude completely.
So right now I am going to shutdown my computer, put on my sneakers, leave the office and brave the cold while electing to feel good for the rest of the evening and into tomorrow. Even when people look at me strangely, I prefer smiling on the tube anyway rather than looking like I've just swallowed a lemon.
It's all about perspective. Oh, how I am learning...

'...take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home