Sunday, October 30, 2005

honolulu or bust

I have to hurry or this nasty computer in the net cafe is going to kick me off like it did last week and all my precious thoughts will be lost forever.
I can't believe that I am browsing the job sites again, after less than a month. If I don't get a decent job soon I am going to pack my bags, move to Hawaii and become a Hula dancer (perhaps I should learn how to spell it first!). Now there's a thought....
"As she gazed out of the doorway of her little grass hut, Roxy thought back to a time when the world was rushing about her at alarming speeds, affording her no chance to escape and find inner peace. Now all she had to worry about was making sure her hula skirt did not catch fire while she 'shimmied and shook' for the holiday makers who frequented the isolated resort on the small island. As the waves chrashed, she pondered how quickly life can change and how a bit of sunshine and sea could make everything seem okay....'
What am I doing here when I could be somewhere less nuts??!
Oh well, it's all about perspective and mine is evidently clouded. Perhaps a holiday will do.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally I think you would make a great Hula dancer...somthing to do with the curly hair I think.....lol

2:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've lived and worked in honolulu all of my bloody, boring, miserable life and have never been able to find work as a hula dancer. Perhaps, it's because I wear a thong and I wear it backwards? Oh well...Honolulu is expensive; don't know how you Brits translate pounds into dollars but its a bit expensive either way. Don't say I never told you...

1:59 PM  
Blogger foxy_roxtar said...

nice to meet you seamus. sorry to hear life is miserable! london is expensive too. gets frustrating when you just working to pay the bills!

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home