Monday, October 24, 2005

64 'work free' hours

My weekend was spent ice-skating on Friday night (Why are my arms still sore today?! It’s not like I was cart-wheeling on the ice!), followed by a scrumptious peanut butter and banana milkshake at Ed’s dinner. This is a treat to which I can only subject myself once every few months as the stomach ache that results for days afterwards taints the whole experience somewhat.
Saturday, I browsed the shops on Carnaby and Oxford St’s and spent the evening catching up with Bronwyn over a good dose of sushi, laden with wasabi (yeesh!) and our ritual Starbucks (who have now introduced their winter menu which includes eggnog – how truly British!).
Sunday was spent ‘refueling’ at church among friends (and family!), many of whom I have come to cherish in the few months that I’ve been here in old London Town. I’ve never felt more supported than I do at this point in my life. This city can be a lonely rut if you don’t get connected, but I’m continually blessed by those I do life with.

It’s possible that this post bored you to near-tears and in reality it’s likely I lost your attention halfway through, but when I read back over my blog I’d like to see a few indications that I am capable of leading a ‘normal’, relatively uneventful life every now and again.

(Brackets) throughout this post were unintentional and hopefully succeeded in disguising my lack of decent sentence structure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home