Wednesday, August 17, 2005

what's that song?

Lucozade, a drink that only springs to mind when I am suffering the symptoms of a vicious stomach bug, has joined others currently accomplishing marketing success by provoking the question, 'What's that song?'
On Saturday, the girls and I patiently endured the pre-show adverts before feasting on the eye candy that is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I found myself once again bopping along with the cartoon birds to the "inna gadda do do badda bingy" that resounded when this funky little advert charmed the big screen.
The artists behind this cheerful tune are a band called 'Real Tuesday Weld' and the song in question is Bathtime in Clerkenwell. Being an association geek, I was thrilled that I, in fact, work in Clerkenwell! The song itself is definitely one to which you can, unashamedly, Charleston.
Their album 'I, Lucifer', is inspired by the Glen Duncan novel in which Satan is offered redemption if he can last a month as a man, without committing any sins. According to the BBC it's a melancholic collection of sardonic whispers, melodious instrumentals and woozy, underhand beats. I would usually be put off by an album with such a name, but since I have been teased by the aforementioned track, I may put my reservations aside just this once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home