Monday, August 01, 2005

think before you click

I have been polite long enough! Today I received the same forwarded email FOUR times....and it wasn't even a good one. This has become a common occurrence of late and the real pain of the situation is that I was the original sender. It seems I had just been included every time it went around our intimate little email circle. Perhaps if I didn't think it was all that amusing in the first place, I shouldn't have sent it back out into cyberspace, but is this the price I pay for trying to bring a smile to the face of fellow '9-5ers'?

This state of affairs concerns me for a number of reasons:
1. It's just plain annoying
2. My friends have obviously not taken the time, like I do, to think about who in their life would truly appreciate that particular message and have just sent it to everyone on their 'mailing list'
3. Precious megabytes are being used from my work email quota and when I exceed my limit the IT department are likely to hunt me down and make me work overtime until I have slaved to pay it all back or even worse......block my internet account all together!! How would I then pass the time during the day?? This would be a true tragedy.
4. When I see that I have a new email I get so excited, only to realise that it is in fact one that I have already seen. Thereafter my elation turns to disillusionment and I am sad for a few moments as I get over my disappointment.

So this is my appeal to all those serial 'forwarders' in my world. Spare a thought for my sanity and 'think before you click'.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know....I never used to send you forwarded e-mails until recently when you became forwarding queen. I think this is cyberspace karma....you reap what you sow I'm afriad

7:36 AM  
Blogger foxy_roxtar said...

Admitedly I have become a forwarder myself, but I DO NOT send back to the originator - EVER!
Note to self: check 'sent items' in case you need to back this statement up!

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woah!!!!!
YOU forward to me more than anyone else i know!! I HATE it!

2:30 AM  
Blogger foxy_roxtar said...

I think you are both missing the point here....

5:45 AM  
Blogger foxy_roxtar said...

That same email now 8 times.....and counting!!! Enough already!

1:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

which e-mail is this exactly??? and why have I not gotten it?

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home