Monday, August 08, 2005

overheard

I was listening to two girls on the train this morning. They were speaking Afrikaans at an unnecessarily loud level, saying really awful things and swearing. I don't know if they thought no one understood, but I think it was more a case of not actually caring. There was a lady across from me who was clearly South African as she kept looking at them and then at me and shaking her head and smiling. Thanks to the usual tube dealys the train kept stopping and all of a sudden it jolted. One of the girls shouted out: 'Wat doen hulle nou?? Sit hulle nuwe tyre's op hierdie blik...mse tube!!!?' For those of you who are SAFA's you will know that it's a pretty rude way of saying 'What are they doing? Putting new tyre's on this train?'.

I have a few things to say to you honey:
Trains don't have tyres
The rest of us on the tube do not care to hear about how many guys you did/didn't snog in the pub on Saturday night
I would like to go at least 2 hours after waking up without having to hear the 'F' word more than 30 times
I don't care how much sex appeal your friends Davie and Willem have and whose beds they share
There is a reason that 90% of people don't talk on the tube - it ticks fellow commuters off
PLEASE MAKE FULL USE OF THE GAP BETWEEN THE TRAIN AND THE PLATFORM!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home