Friday, August 12, 2005

london a-z

I am constantly amazed by the size of London. Not it's vastness, but it's ability to become one of the smallest places on earth.
I was out and about in Holborn Circus during my lunch break and as I was about to go into my favourite retreat, Starbucks (from now on I will not name it as I have established this on a number of occasions), I saw a belt that I recognised. As I looked higher I realised it was on the person with whom I associate it, Tracey from church. Her and her brother-in-Law were studying an A-Z (London street map) looking a bit perplexed. So, instead of meandering aimlessly, I directed her and her brother-in-law towards the high street where they could shop to their hearts content for the rest of the day.
I am constantly bumping into friends and acquaintances while strolling the streets of London and this leads me to assume one of a number of things:
1) London, or perhaps the world as a whole, is really a small place
2) I wander the streets far too much
3) I know a lot of people
4) God knows when I need to see a friendly face
I love the look of surprise when you bump into someone you know and they display what you are feeling. There is something so special about an unexpected meeting; I don't like to use the term 'divine intervention' too lightly but it's the little things that promote joy and thus have a spiral affect on others you may have the privilege of influencing.
On that note, I've learned that you are never anonymous. You may feel lonely, but many times this is a choice. You may think you can get away with stuff you wouldn't when you are surrounded by people you know, but truth is that there is always someone watching. You may think you need to catch the tube from A to B, but it could just benefit you to walk!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home