Monday, August 15, 2005

little surprises

Walking into my favourite, non-Starbucks, coffee shop in London, Benkito, I was greeted with such familiarity that I immediately basked in the warm feeling of welcome. There's a certain sense of belonging when someone recites your order before you've even sat down.
This being the case, it seems wrong that I wouldn't know this friendly face's name, but for reference purposes I'll call him 'Pablo'.
Once seated on one of the less than comfy, but well worn in couches, Pablo proceeded to place a delectable piece of carrot cake before me. On noticing the lack of customers in a usually buzzing cafè, I commented on how quiet it was and was met with an earnest reply: 'You never know what it will be like, such as it is in life.' Emphasised by his South American accent, this profound statement sat so well with me.
It is true that life holds surprises in the most unexpected places (I guess if they were in expected places, they wouldn't be surprises!). From the sudden appearance of the man of your dreams to an appreciative comment from a good friend. Or perhaps it's in a great cup of decaf in BK while 'Have I Told You Lately that I Love You?' plays in the background. And then some ladies mobile rings...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home