Wednesday, August 10, 2005

foxy hotshots

I finally gave in. I could no longer stand being tormented by incessant football talk at my desk and as a result have joined the Fantasy Football league.
What does a South African girl know about football, I hear you ask? Absolutely nothing....which is what made picking a team so amusing!

Please see my team selection below:
Edwin van der Sar - his name sounded South African
Wayne Bridge - one of my close friends' names is Bridget
John OShea - I like Irish people and his name sounds Irish
Christian Dailly - I am a Christian!
Michael Dawson - Dawson's Creek was my favourite TV series
Damien Duff - Hilary Duff is a cool chick
Luis Garcia - people with the surname Garcia are usually very good looking
Scott Parker - he has same initials as Sarah Jessica Parker so must have great taste in shoes
Thierry Henry - most expensive striker on the list and I always need a couple of good quality items
Juan Pablo Angel - I believe in angels
Peter Crouch - I got bored so I just moved my mouse around a bit and picked whoever it landed on

Although my selection methods may seem amateur, don't be fooled into thinking there isn't a deep underlying strategy.
I may not know much about managing a football team, but with a budget of £50million to spend, when it comes to shopping, I know my stuff!
Click here to join in the fun!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey girl I am impressed with ONE of your choices....Thierry Henry is an amzing player for arsenal....My team if you were wondering.....so ja....good luk with the rest lol

4:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are turning into one of them!!!

Have fun anyway.

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not sure what is more disturbing, the fact that you attempted to select a football team or that you watch dawsons creek and think hilary duff is cool.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home