Wednesday, August 17, 2005

factfile #1

I am a dedicated believer in Post-it notes. For a fanatical organiser such as myself, I truly believe them to be right up there with computers and birth-control as one of the most functional discoveries of the 20th century.
While journeying on the Piccadilly line this morning I came across this tasty little titbit in my Metro paper:

The most expensive Post-it Note features a charcoal and pastel drawing by artist RB Kitaj. It sold for £640 during an online charity auction in 2000. The notes were not introduced until 1980 in the US, although the adhesive used on them was created in 1968. It would take about 506,880,000 Post-it Notes to circle the world once.

It's all about educating my readers. You never know when you may need something to say that could make you sound clever!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure Charlie will find that info invaluable! lol

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home