Friday, July 29, 2005

pushing the senses

Earlier this week I bought the 'Feeder' album, Pushing the Senses. This album is a self-confessed, rock chick's delight. As I listened to the title track, while walking along the platform at Earl's Court station yesterday (pity it was so busy cause I had this voracious urge to sing), I wondered to myself how long it will be until I find another song that I will savour equally. Can it get any better than this? Will we reach a time when all the good songs are finally written? Imagine a day when we will never again revel in the joy of finding a tune so pleasing to the ear that it instantaneously transforms your mood.
I think of my grandfather and how he mumbles that today's music is "just noise" and reminisces about the days "when you could actually hear what they were singing about".
So while we can all appreciate a bit of 'Sinatra' now and again, there don't seem to be too many 50's style hits emerging in the Top 10 these days. It's a vanishing genre and one day the rock music that I get lost in could one day 'dry-up' in a similar manner.
It may still be early days, but when the masses change allegiances I pledge to forever 'Rock On'!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home